This test checks that Layer 2 broadcast isolation is in effect, meaning that no Layer 2 broadcast traffic can be sent between customers. Unfiltered Layer 2 broadcast traffic between customers could be used to create attacks.
Impact: DoS, Abuse
- Customers listen for Layer 2 broadcasts.
- Malicious sends Layer 2 broadcast packets.
- Some Customer receives a Layer 2 broadcast packet sent from Malicious.
This test conforms to SEC Access Certification ID "SEC-V4-FF-1".
- Malicious Customer: A customer interface performing malicious actions.
- Customer: One or more customers that Malicious will affect.
- ISP: A central node on a trusted port.