This test checks transparency for Ethernet control protocols:
- LACP, Link Aggregation Control Protocol
- EAPoL, Extensible Authorization Protocol over LAN
- MVRP, Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol
For each protocol to be tested, five frames are generated and sent.
When the expected outcome for a protocol is set to Pass, the test fails for that protocol if less than four frames are received.
When the expected outcome for a protocol is set to Drop, the test fails for that protocol if at least one frame is received.
This test can only run on physical or VLAN interfaces (not bridges).
- Sender: The sender Test Agent interface.
- Receiver: The receiver Test Agent interface.
- Wait for ready: Time to wait before starting the test. The purpose of inserting a wait is to allow all Test Agents time to come online and acquire good time sync. Min: 1 min. Max 24 hours. Default: "Don't wait", i.e. zero wait time.
- Expected outcome for LACP: Expected outcome for Link Aggregation Control Protocol. Default: Pass.
- Expected outcome for EAPoL: Expected outcome for Extensible Authorization Protocol over LAN. Default: Pass.
- Expected outcome for MVRP: Expected outcome for Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol. Default: Pass.
- Pass/fail for each tested protocol