To get started with HTTP, DNS and distributed ping measurements in Netrounds, please follow these simple steps.
1. Sign up for Netrounds
Sign up for a trial account at https://app.netrounds.com/system/signup/ completely free of charge. The trial account gives you access to five software Test Agents (with Medium license) which among other things are capable of HTTP and DNS requests, as well as ICMP Ping.
2. Download a Netrounds Test Agent
The next step is to download, install, and configure a Netrounds Test Agent.
- In the Test Agents view in the Netrounds user interface, click the Download button.
- Download the desired type of Test Agent. Follow the on-screen links for installation instructions, or refer to the links below.
By default, once connected and powered up, all Test Agents will communicate directly with the cloud server through an encrypted connection (to login.netrounds.com using TCP port 443).
3. Start your first test
Follow the instructions below to start a simple Ping test.
- Log in to your Netrounds account at app.netrounds.com.
- Click New.
- Select Test Sequence.
- Select the HTTP, DNS and Ping test feature.
- Select the Ping test.
- Under Clients, select one of the Test Agents you have installed.
- Under Hosts, specify what host to ping from the client Test Agent.
- Give the test a name, and click Start.
- Done; you should see measurement results starting to come in very soon.
To learn more, read the page Getting started building your own tests and monitorings, or just continue experimenting on your own – it is really easy!
The links that follow take you to topics that go deeper into various categories of Netrounds tests and measurements: