To get started with your own Speedtest server, please follow these simple steps.
1. Sign up for Netrounds
Sign up for a trial account at https://app.netrounds.com/system/signup/ completely free of charge. The trial account gives you access to five software Test Agents (with Medium license) which among other things can be activated as Speedtest responders for browser-based tests from your end-users.
2. Download a Netrounds Test Agent
The next step is to download, install, and configure a Netrounds Test Agent.
- In the Test Agents view in the Netrounds user interface, click the Download button.
- Download the desired type of Test Agent. Follow the on-screen links for installation instructions, or refer to the links below.
By default, once connected and powered up, all Test Agents will communicate directly with the cloud server through an encrypted connection (to login.netrounds.com using TCP port 443).
3. Activate the speedtest responder
Once the Test Agent has connected to your cloud account, it will appear in the Test Agents view.
- Click the Test Agent and select the Applications tab.
- Enable the Speedtest option. Read more here.
4. Run your first speedtest
Once the Speedtest application has been activated, you are ready to start testing. Follow the instructions below.
- Log in to your Netrounds account at app.netrounds.com.
- Click Apps.
- Select Speedtest.
- Click Go to public Speedtest page in the top right corner.
- Run a test from your browser towards your Netrounds Test Agent.
- The result is stored in your Netrounds account. To see the result, go to Apps > Speedtest.