This test checks that customers cannot send IPv4/IPv6 multicast traffic on channels that are already in use. If customers are able to send multicast on such channels, this will consume resources to the detriment of other customers receiving the same channel.
This test needs an external multicast source.
- On each channel specified as blocked, Malicious sends multicast traffic to the access port.
- Multicast traffic sent from Malicious on a blocked channel arrives at Customer or ISP.
This test conforms to SEC Access Certification ID "SEC-CM-MCAST-1".
- Malicious Customer: A customer interface performing malicious actions.
- Customer: One or more customers that Malicious will affect.
- ISP: A central node on a trusted port.
- Blocked groups: Multicast channels on which customers are not allowed to send packets. Default: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
- Source UDP port: Source UDP port for traffic sent from Malicious. Range: 1 ... 65535. Default: 41234.
- Destination UDP port: Destination UDP port for traffic sent from Malicious. Range: 1 ... 65535. Default: 24567.