This test checks that customers cannot discover devices between each other's ports by using a multicast discovery protocol. Not allowing multicast discovery traffic prevents unauthorized access to other customers' content.
- Address: 126.96.36.199; Port: 1900
- mDNS (including Bonjour)
- Address: 188.8.131.52; Port: 5353
- Address: 184.108.40.206; Port: 5355
Impact: Unauthorized access to resources such as printers or storage devices
- Malicious sends 5 multicast discover packets on each protocol.
- A multicast discover packet arrives at Customer.
This test conforms to SEC Access Certification ID "SEC-V4-UPNP-1".
- Malicious Customer: A customer interface performing malicious actions.
- Customer: One or more customers that Malicious will affect.
- ISP: A central node on a trusted port.