This test verifies that a non-colored Ethernet service QoS profile has the expected behavior. It is assumed that the service has a QoS profile defined with CIR and EIR parameters as well as maximum frame loss ratio, delay, and jitter values for conforming frames. The test being non-color-aware means that there is only one stream. For the generated stream the following parameters need to be specified: frame size, source and destination UDP port, DSCP value, and VLAN priority (p-bits).
- The sender Test Agent generates frames at a rate of CIR + EIR.
- The receiver Test Agent measures received rate, loss, delay, and jitter on the stream. The test fails if the measured rate is less than CIR × (1 – Max frame loss / 100).
The test conforms to ITU-T Y.1564 section 8.1.2, test B.2.
- Sender: The sender interface.
- Receiver: The receiver interface.
- Test duration (s): Duration of the test in seconds. Min: 5 s. Max: 60 s. Default: 20 s.
- Wait for ready: Time to wait before starting the test. The purpose of inserting a wait is to allow all Test Agents time to come online and acquire good time sync. Min: 1 min. Max: 24 hours. Default: "Don't wait", i.e. zero wait time.
- CIR (Mbit/s): Committed information rate. Min: 0.1 Mbit/s. Max: 10000 Mbit/s. No default.
- EIR (Mbit/s): Excess information rate. Min: 0.1 Mbit/s. Max: 10000 Mbit/s. No default.
- Max frame loss (%): Maximum frame loss ratio for conforming packets. Min: 0%. Max: 100%. No default.
- Frame size (bytes): Ethernet frame size in bytes. Min: 64 bytes. Max: 1514 bytes. Default: 512 bytes.
- Source UDP port: The source UDP port to use. Range: 1 ... 65535. Default: 5000.
- Destination UDP port: The destination UDP port to use. Range: 1 ... 65535. Default: 5000.
- DSCP: The Diffserv code point. Min: 0. Max: 63. Default: 0.
- VLAN priority (PCP): Priority bits in VLAN header. Min: 0. Max: 7. Default: 0.
- Rate, loss, delay, jitter