This test verifies that an Ethernet service QoS profile has the expected behavior. It is assumed that the service has a QoS profile defined with the CIR parameter as well as maximum frame loss ratio, delay, and jitter values for conforming frames. For the generated stream the following parameters need to be specified: frame size, source and destination UDP port, DSCP value, and VLAN priority (p-bits).
- The sender Test Agent generates frames at a rate equal to CIR.
- The receiver Test Agent measures received rate, loss, delay, and jitter on the stream. The test fails if any of the thresholds for maximum frame loss ratio, delay, or jitter is exceeded.
The test conforms to ITU-T Y.1564 section 8.1.2, test A.1.
- Sender: The sender interface.
- Receiver: The receiver interface.
- Test duration (s): Duration of the test in seconds. Min: 5 s. Max: 60 s. Default: 20 s.
- Wait for ready: Time to wait before starting the test. The purpose of inserting a wait is to allow all Test Agents time to come online and acquire good time sync. Min: 1 min. Max: 24 hours. Default: "Don't wait", i.e. zero wait time.
- CIR (Mbit/s): Committed information rate. Min: 0.1 Mbit/s. Max: 10000 Mbit/s. No default.
- Max frame loss (%): Maximum frame loss ratio for conforming packets. Min: 0%. Max: 100%. No default.
- Max frame delay (ms): Maximum frame delay for conforming packets. Min: 0 ms. Max: 1000 ms. No default.
- Max frame jitter (ms): Maximum frame jitter for conforming packets. Min: 0 ms. Max: 1000 ms. No default.
- Frame size (bytes): Ethernet frame size in bytes. Min: 64 bytes. Max: 1514 bytes. Default: 512 bytes.
- Source UDP port: The source UDP port to use. Range: 1 ... 65535. Default: 5000.
- Destination UDP port: The destination UDP port to use. Range: 1 ... 65535. Default: 5000.
- DSCP: The Diffserv code point. Range: 0 ... 63. Default: 0.
- VLAN priority (PCP): Priority bits in VLAN header. Min: 0. Max: 7. Default: 0.
- Rate, loss, delay, jitter