This test lets you log mobile network parameters using a Test Agent that has an mPCIe 4G modem installed in it. Besides 4G (LTE), this device also supports 3G (WCDMA) and 2G (GSM) mobile networks. Note that this only works with Test Agents specifically supplied from Netrounds with this extra hardware support.
You can change the mobile interface and its settings (APN, RAT, band) using the Mobile switcher utility.
- Duration (seconds): The duration of this test step in seconds. Min: 30 s. Max: 604800 s. Default: 60 s.
- Fail threshold (seconds): The maximum number of errored seconds (ES) that may occur without triggering a fail for this test step. Default: 0.
- Wait for ready: Time to wait before starting the test. The purpose of inserting a wait is to allow all Test Agents time to come online and acquire good time sync. Min: 1 min. Max: 24 hours. Default: "Don't wait", i.e. zero wait time.
- Client: The mobile interface that should be logged.
Thresholds for errored seconds (ES)
For each of the following thresholds, Netrounds will indicate an errored second if the quantity drops below the threshold during that second.
- RSSI (dBm): Received Signal Strength Indication (mobile technology independent measurement). Min: −120 dBm. Max: −25 dBm. Default: −100 dBm.
- RSRP (dBm): Reference Signal Received Power (LTE). Min: −140 dBm. Max: −44 dBm. Default: −95 dBm.
- RSCP (dBm): Received Signal Code Power (WCDMA). Min: −120 dBm. Max: −25 dBm. Default: −85 dBm.
- RSRQ (dB): Reference Signal Received Quality (LTE). Min: −19.5 dB. Max: −3 dB. No default.
- Ec/Io (dB): Per-chip signal-to-noise ratio (WCDMA). Min: −32 dB. Max: 0 dB. Default: −13 dB.
- SINR (dB): Signal to interference-plus-noise ratio (LTE). Min: −20 dB. Max: 30 dB. Default: 10 dB.
- Delayed start (s): (Tests only) Time by which to delay the start of the test within a test step. Default: 0 s.